- Director : François Robidoux-Descary
- Producer : Peter Wall (SOI)
- Director of photography : François Robidoux-Descary
- Additional camera : Nicolas Castel
- Drone pilots : François Robidoux-Descary, Gabriel Bergeron and Nicolas Castel
- Editor : François Robidoux-Descary
Moving from giant trees to the tundra
Marissa is a member of the Tsiij Git’anee Eagle Clan in Haida Gwaii, British Columbia. She is visiting an Inuit community in Nunavut for the first time, as part of an Arctic expedition. There, she notes the differences and similarities with her homeland and finds that she has much to learn about other Indigenous communities in Canada.
Every year, Students on Ice brings more than a hundred students from all over the world on expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic. Their mission is to teach young people the importance of the polar regions and inspire them to develop initiatives that will contribute to sustainable development worldwide.